We Need Your Help for the Jesus Lizard Book.

Hey, folks, the Jesus Lizard is working on a book about the band that will be published by the excellent Akashic Books.  We know how much you people like pretty pictures, so we need cool  stuff like photos, posters, ticket stubs, etc.  to put around all the words.

If you have things you want to send in, you can scan the them and email them to TooBigToFailBlog-AT-gmail-DOT-com, or mail them to:

Akashic Books
232 Third Street, B 404
Brooklyn, NY 11215
USA

If you mail them, please write “Jesus Lizard book” prominently on the outside of the envelope.   Please indicate whether photos were taken by you or someone else.

(Photo by Eric Johnson)

12 Responses to We Need Your Help for the Jesus Lizard Book.

1. Simon says:

Hi David. I have a few cool photos of David Yow crowd surfing at Reading 94 right in front of me that would look good in yr book. How do i send them to you??

2. Scott Jones says:

Hey David-

I hope all is well. I have quite a few pics from 1992(?) cross country tour with Brickbat. I’m sure James has some as well… I will scan and send them your way

I hope included in the book is the story of Renner dancing naked at the Outhouse in Lawrence Kansas! I remember at the end of that night Duane asking me, “Does he do things like this every night?”

Great news about the book!

Cheers~

Scott

3. David Wm. Sims says:

Simon: please scan the photos and email them to TooBigToFailBlog-AT-gmail-DOT-com, or mail them to

Akashic Books
    232 Third Street, B 404
    Brooklyn, NY 11215
    USA

If you mail them, please write “Jesus Lizard book” prominently on the outside of the envelope. Thanks for your help.

4. Pamela says:

How exciting!

5. Bernie says:

David,
    Anything I can do at all to assist?
    Thanks
    Bernie

6. Soren says:

I have a poster from when the JL played Calgary in the mid-early nineties and a band called Placebo opened up for you; it was Feist’s first band.

7. David Wm. Sims says:

Soren: would love to see that. Please send it, if you can. Thanks.

8. phil says:

Hi there,
    You are more than welcome to use the images that i took at the last form gig.
    i used the image to make the panorama on the wiki page.

drop me a line and i would be happy to email them to you.

9. Patrick says:

simsy baby!

I look forward to a chapter devoted to tJL T-shirts… I have 4.
    Any chance of a DVD with the book containing all the official videos? Kinda sucks having to watch them all grainy on YouTube.

10. cb says:

Is there a deadline to this? I have a ton of photos but didn’t catch this ’til now

11. David Wm. Sims says:

cb: There isn’t a hard and fast deadline yet, but we’d like to get all the graphics together in the next couple of months. Send everything!

12. Brian Dowling says:

was this book completed? I have some 35mm photos from 1998 tour, along with some footage from reunion tour