It's Not You, It's Me.

Um, I haven’t done a very good job of keeping up my twice-a-week blog post regimen. Just not feeling it lately.

The good news is that I’ve been busy with music. I’ve been writing material for a solo bass thing I call unFact.   I’ll be playing at the Neon Marshmallow festival on August 21 at the Viaduct Theater in Chicago.   I’ll also play a few shows here in New York over the summer and will book a little tour to Chicago and back in August.  Look for a 7″ in a few months.

I’ve also been writing songs and working on a couple of collaborations that might morph into bands, and there’s a couple of invitations to work on other people’s albums in the pipeline.

Also, the Jesus Lizard is working on a book to be published by Akashic Books.   So, I’ll be sending out a call for photos and scans of set lists, ticket stubs, fanzines, and anything else that might be cool in a book about the Jesus Lizard.

So, yeah, music and the book, that’s what I’ve been thinking about lately, and the blog got the short end of the stick.  Please know that what we’ve had is something I will always cherish.  Let’s get together for coffee some time.  You will always have special place in my life.  I mean that.  What?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to It's Not You, It's Me.

1. glad to hear someone is still rocking out there.LOVE the above bass shot. glad to hear about the book. I have a few old show pics, but mainly just old video from the 40 watt with my old shitty vhs recorder.

2. JB says:

Well, I’m glad you’ve been busy, man.
    2010 will be a good year.

3. tim says:

David, the book sounds cool. Give me a shout via my email if you’d like to see photos I took from the ATP/NY and Boston shows last year.

4. bernie says:

if you need some help with the book, let me know, see you in august if not sooner

5. Lobsterdeth says:

Woah holy fuck is that a Jaco Pastorius Jazz Bass?

Rat and Super Shifter, nice get-up.

6. “Book” “Read” or “Look” for the title of the book…?

I have the set list from ATP night two if that’s of any use…?

7. Neil Nicholson says:

I can’t wait for this book you speak of. I had a great time at the shows in Chicago. If you ever need a guitarist to hammer some stuff out let me know.

Inbetween shows we were at Electrical Audio, and Sparklehorse was there recording. It looked like Linkous had stopped drinking like an hour previous to 1pm. Kind of surreal now that he’s gone now, just a few months later. Random side note.

Can’t wait to see these shows in the summer.

8. Brian Dowling says:

Let me know if you need any scans/pictures etc for the book. I have a good bit archived.

9. juan says:

Hey,

What is that fretless bass? It looks like a jem. I still can’t find a Memphis Jazz bass. I look all over the internet a few times a month.

Juan

10. Nouh says:

Cool i havent checked yr blog in awhile. Speaking of Jesus Lizard books, there really needs to be Jesus Lizard songbooks. That music is really hard to figure out. Since i cant take lessons from Duane or David it would be nice to have. I also have a copy of what i think is the best Jesus Lizard poster. It was done by TAZ in the early 90′s for a show with Jon Spencer. It should be included in there.