No 941: Chicago, IL

Metro

the Jesus Lizard
Disappears

Top poster by Jay Ryan

9 Responses to No 941: Chicago, IL

1. Matt says:

It would suck if this were to end without any Aussie shows :(

2. Doug says:

Thanks for the 2009 shows, David. Saw you guys for the first time in ’93, when I was 17-years-old, and compulsively saw every Chicago show from that point on. And a couple in Urbana, for good measure. Couldn’t help it. Glad to have had a few more chances, whether this caps the career or not.

3. Maureen says:

Aha! So you write a blog! You should really write a book. My literary agent is in NY. You should talk to him. Great seeing you and Nif last night. I’m on the train, googling, as you can ascertain.

4. Parker says:

Much thanks for the NYE (into NYD) entertainments. Drinks were drunk, pictures were taken (http://www.flickr.com/photos/spandau_goulet/sets/72157623114780496/show/) and life was affirmed. Absent getting fellated at the same time, this was the best possible way to usher in the new year and decade.

5. love the posters. Happy new year to you & yours.

6. VALIS says:

Jay Ryan from Six Finger Satellite?

7. kip says:

I flew all the way to Chicago and boy was it worth it! What a great show. I really do hope this is it for you guys or I’m going to look like a jackass following you all over the place last year. How’s about some more Scratch Acid shows? Didn’t you mention some sort of new band with Yow in a previous post? That sounds exciting. What ever it is, you can count me in.

8. Jason Bowman says:

Mr. Sims, I’m a longtime Chicago JL fan off living and working in HCMC, Vietnam. I’ve missed all the fun of the last year, understand. There’s an little rumor going round that you guys might be playing Ha Noi with the Melvins in March. If there is ANYTHING to this, I’d love to know; a large contingent from here would most definitely be flying up for the festivities. Feel free to email me.

Ask Yow about Haggerty’s sofa for me, too. And bring Trailer Hitch with you if you come.

9. chooch says:

This show was discussed on the Best Show on WFMU… Also discussed were the band’s future recording plans with a certain Monkee.

January 5th show, skip to 75:00