the Jesus Lizard: 2009 Shows [UPDATED - ONE MORE CHICAGO SHOW]

We’re going to play New Year’s Eve with Disappears at the Metro in Chicago.  This is absolutely, positively the last 2009 show that is going to be added.  Ticket go on sale this Saturday.

photo by Achim Friederich

These are the shows that have been confirmed so far:

May 9, 2009 ATP Festival Minehead, UK
November 24, 2009 Turner Hall Milwaukee, WI
November 25, 2009 Crofoot Ballroom Pontiac, MI
November 27, 2009 Metro Chicago, IL
November 28, 2009 Metro Chicago, IL
December 31, 2009 Metro Chicago, IL

(Photo: Achim Friederich)

This entry was posted in music, the Jesus Lizard. Bookmark the permalink.

154 Responses to the Jesus Lizard: 2009 Shows [UPDATED - ONE MORE CHICAGO SHOW]

1. Matt says:

I hope the rumors of Australian shows are true…

2. Any clue on Texas shows scheduling? Seeing as we really are the center of the universe, it would be “DISCONCERNING” to me if y’all weren’t doing an Austin show at some point.

3. Evan says:

does that mean you are playing twice at ATP? Or the day hasnt been decided yet?

4. Excitable Boy says:

Will the ATP date be the first reunion show? If there is to be a hometown before that, I need time to find a flight/hotel!

If not, see you in NYC (at a minimum).

5. David Wm. Sims says:

Matt: Thank heaps. Me too.

6. David Wm. Sims says:

Iris: I’m sure there will be Texas shows.

7. David Wm. Sims says:

Evan: There will be two ATP shows.

8. David Wm. Sims says:

Excitable Boy: The ATP shows will be the first shows.

9. oliver east says:

got my ATP tickets. have to share a double bed with a clammy alcoholic friend of mine, but apart from that i’m looking forward to it.

10. juan says:

just watched sick shows from 94 on pitchfork. this year is gonna be a year to remember!

11. chris says:

Playing the ATP show with you guys. I’m absolutely stoked. Unless of course they schedule my band at the same time as you guys in which case we play to an empty room and miss your show at the same time. It’s too much to think about. I need a Red Stripe.

12. Peter says:

Hi David,

I’m sure it’s far too early for any concrete news on this front and hope you’ll excuse my jumping of the proverbial gun, but are more UK shows in the pipeline? It’d be great for those of us in the provinces to have an inkling before tickets for the London show go on sale!

Cheers.

13. Jamie says:

I strongly encourage a Portland, Oregon show, but if not I am prepared to travel. It’s going to be glorious!

14. Fraser says:

Please, please, please come to Scotland!!!

15. David Wm. Sims says:

Peter: I don’t have any information yet about other UK shows. I don’t think you should assume there will be a proper UK tour in 2009. I hate to be so murky, but a lot of the calendar is still trying to sort itself out. Dude, go to London. It rains a lot there, but it rains a lot where you are, too.

16. Ewen wilson says:

i have tickets for london!!!!! i missed you guys first time round and i’ll be damned if i’m gonna miss you this time. do you know if there will be any tour merchandise? re-mastered albums maybe? anything on vinyl would be a treat…

17. Peter says:

Thanks for replying, David. London it is!

18. Toddy B. Noddy says:

Aren’t y’all getting kind of old for this sort of thing?

19. Cal Evans says:

We in Athens (GA, not Greece) need you to come back to the 40 watt and remind us of what it was like when the town was rocking at peak capacity. I think you could have those robots that join back together after being kicked apart as the opening act, maybe paint them in vibrant colors for maximum festiveness.

20. Matthew Bailey says:

Hello there.

There have been a few rumors floating about that you may do more shows in England than you are currently scheduled for. Having spunked my cash on tickets to the Breeders’ ATP before you were announced and not having enough cash to double-up, I am absolutely crushed to think I will not be able to see you perform perhaps ever in my life.

My birthday is on the 2nd of August. I am lead to believe this is also the date of Mr. Yow’s birthday. Whilst you won’t be in the country then, is there any way this untenable bond between us could stretch to a gig in Manchester before you depart?

I love you all very much.

Kind regards,

Matthew Bailey,
    aged 26.

21. David Wm. Sims says:

Matthew: See my response to Peter below. We love you, too, especially Mac. August 2nd is Yow’s day of birthing.

22. David Wm. Sims says:

Toddy: Mom, please. We agreed we weren’t going to discuss this any more.

23. Toddy B. Noddy says:

Dude, you know I’m not not your Mom. But funny you should mention that; your Mom still hasn’t returned that book she borrowed from my Mom sometime back in the last century. My mind dwells on such things, so it’s natural I became a librarian.

However I’m like your Mom insofar as I’m happy to see you’re gainfully employed sorting through the debris of our economy in our nation’s former financial capital. I am currently serving time as a househusband with two small children in Missouri.

Well, gotta get back to work. The laundry’s almost done.

24. raphael says:

Wanna play in the French Alps? Come over, I’ll book a show.

25. I’m really happy to get the chance to see you. especially with Mac playing the drums, he’s one of my all-time favourite drummers.
    I’m from Portugal, and since you’re not coming here i must go to London to get you. I already got the tickets!

I’m from a very small town called Marinha Grande, with 20.000 inhabitants, and i thought you should know that back in the 90′s there was a big Jesus Lizard buzz here, along with the Melvins, and Mudhoney too…
    Fortunately i saw both of them, and now, finally… i get to see you guys.
    and there’s a bunch of people from Marinha Grande doing 1500Km just to see you.
    Make it worth, man, make it worth….

I’d love to help you to book a show in Portugal if you like the idea. I know you’re coming to Spain, and we’re like neighbours…

All the best.
    Ricardo

26. kip says:

Dude, has anyone told you that you should play Portland? It’ll probably be hard to get a venue since no one’s ever heard of you guy’s. You can totally play my backyard and sleep on my hide-a-bed if the VFW hall is booked. I can also give you a copy of a wonderful photo that I have of you and Mr. Yow with the Tacoma Police that I hope ends up in your T&G reissues with my Australian Easter Sunday show poster. It is a very entertaining photo. Please announce more dates. I hate whiners as much as the next guy, but I flew to Chicago and Seattle to see Scratch Acid and the anticipation for this one is killing me! Come on, we’ve waited since November!!!

27. Justin Diggins says:

I know its probably a long shot but you guys need to consider Omaha.I saw you guys in Omaha at the Sokol Underground and it was one of the craziest shows that I saw of yours and I have seen some good ones(i.e. 3 days in a row at the Euclid Tavern in Cleveland) if Omaha isnt a reality I would settle for Lawrence,Kansas or K.C. even.Im sure no matter what we are making the road trip to Chicago and maybe more.

28. Excitable Boy says:

The first US date. Awesome news!

I will make the trek to Chicago, but I am a bit worried about all the festival dates. I hope that the NYC date is not a festival. All Points West was a disaster and ATP Monticello was hours away from NYC.

29. Ricardo says:

what will you do in Europe between may 11th, and the 28th?
    Stop by in Portugal, i’ll buy you a beer and show you around, eheheh…
    See you soon.
    R.

30. GGG says:

Any likelihood of a Denver appearance?

GGG

31. kip says:

Since you will not confirm Portland, I have purchased airfare to NYC for the ATP show. Can I at least get like a hug or something for flying across the country? I can’t wait! These six months will be hard, but what the hell, it’s been ten plus years.

32. JM says:

Mr. Sims,

Very excited for your upcoming performances.

I did obtain a ticket to the Pitchfork fest, in which we were asked to “choose the setlist” for each of the four bands playing.

An interesting exercise. I would formally present you with a write-in vote for “Chrome” as Bang was not included as a part of the selection options.

Also, very excited.

All positives,

JM

33. Dan says:

I only pray that a Philly date is announced soon. I remember those old Upstairs at Nicks days, those were the best shows ever.

34. Excitable Boy says:

Every show, except one, announced so far is a festival. :(

I hope many realize that ATP NY is nowhere close to NYC (unless you consider 3 hours close). Last year, My Bloody Valentine played ATP and then two dates in NYC. Hopefully JL will do the same.

35. Mike says:

Glad to see you guys are coming back to Chicago. I was all set to skip that night, too.

36. Ed Rudy says:

I’m living in Thailand but from Houston, Texas. Will be planning my trip back to see Jesus Lizard play at the Fun Fun Fun Fest!!

Ed Rudy

37. hollinsworth says:

Very pleased to see the addition of the FFF Fest in November. I have fond/boozefogged memories of seeing you guys downstairs at Pearl St. in Northampton years ago. Damn.

38. Thomas Jerome says:

I got my London show ticket thru ye olde British Royal Mail today. I can has!

39. Alex says:

So is the Jazzus Lizard going to be opening for your Austin show?

40. conor says:

saw you in 98 hope you playing ireland again in the summer

41. DJ LONCHo says:

WHAT ABOUT LATIN AMERICA GUYS?THE JESUS LIZARD ROCKSSSSSSSSS

42. Nick says:

If you and the guys could find it in your heart to visit the western new york area i will continue loving you guys forever. I’ll contribute in my own way and create fliers and litter thousands of them everywhere i go.

43. OLI says:

Hi from Belgium David,

There’s something wrong? Pukkelpop festival 20/21/22 august not 31 august 2009!

I saw the band in this festival for the blue tour in 1998, unforgettable!

Best regards,

Oli

44. David Wm. Sims says:

Oli: Yep. Thanks. Corrected now.

45. Justin Diggins says:

Any word on any club shows?

46. Lobsterdeth says:

You’se guys better think of coming to SoCal. One of my favorites bands ever isn’t reuniting after not being together just so I can’t see them!

Infact, if you don’t want me to cross the border, you could just come to Tijuana again! You guys must’ve had a bad impression of us to have only come here once.

I also want to take this opportunity (guess who just realized you have a blog lol!) to tell you that you have influenced me greatly in my bass playing, Mr. Sims. I am also named David, which is cool.

See you around!

47. Jasmyne says:

Hi David-

Long time no talk! Hope to see you all back in the DC/Baltimore area!!

48. pm says:

hey,
    i’m very happy for your europe tour, unfortunaly there is no date for my coutry, yet. i’m trying to change that but it’s being difficult to find someone to talk to. i’ll try to bring you guys here for a nightime dark bar gig.
    wish to see you playing sometime soon!!!

49. Lobsterdeth says:

San Fran? Go lower, loweeer! <3

50. Mike says:

David, Mr. Sims, or whatever you like being called:

Please play Detroit, or Metro Detroit, or Lansing, or somewhere in Michigan. (Ha! Lansing! That’s a long shot…)

It would be more convenient than having to hitchhike to Chicago.

I didn’t get a chance to see Scratch Acid, and I never thought I’d be able to see the Jesus Lizard. So, if you guys could be tempted to play in Michigan, for whatever reason, I’d be grateful. Thanks a lot.

51. Come to Berlin, Germany and I’ll bring along at least a half dozen friends.

*listening to Rapeman*

52. kathryn says:

OK – I’m thrilled that you are coming to Seattle (Capitol Hill Block Party announcement just went up) but I really wish you were playing a club other than this thing. I hate festival-type settings.

53. maxonemillion says:

Fuck yes. Just picked up my SF tickets. So stoked to see you guys again. Been too damn long.

54. Keith says:

Dude,
    you realize that it would be totally weak if you guys didn’t come to Berlin. My wife would never forgive you…

55. kathotdog says:

yeah…I’m a big baby for hating festivals. Or I’m just old. But I bought my ticket for Seattle.
    I get to see Shellac and The Jesus Lizard play this summer – just amazing.

56. juan says:

I am buying tickets no matter what. Was there the last time you four played in l.a. at the whiskey.

57. David Wm. Sims says:

juan: Good memory. The last LA show with Mac, our 694th, was September 17, 1996 at the Whiskey. It was my birthday, and Six Finger Satellite and Far opened.

58. juan says:

hell yeah. and gibby was standing behind me up in the balcony. i will never forget that night.

59. Yeah, I remember that. J. Ryan nearly hit me in the face with his mic stand ’cause none y’all appreciated the 6FS. That and there were like 3 video cameras there and neither audio nor video from that show has seemed to surface yet. Oh yeah, and it was the first time you ignored me when I said hello to you, Sims.

60. Martin says:

I hope you will find it in your hearts to do a Canadian tour, or at least just come to Calgary. Seems you pretty much came here on most of your tours, as I can remember seeing you guys at least 4 times. There is a festival here (www.sledisland.com) (very weak at the moment and in need of at least one band to show the sissy little indie kids how it is really done) at the end of June, and I have been harassing them to bring you guys, but it seems to be of no avail. Club tour would be way better though. Great to see you guys back, one of the best bands of all time.

61. Martin says:

On another note entirely, when did the Sawed-Off Alcoholic Midget (Yow) become a right wing Christian blogger?: http://davidyow.blogspot.com/

62. meghan says:

Happy to see the Seattle Date, but sad it’s the block party, since it’s a bit of a drag.
    Any chance of anohter show in Seattle?????

63. David Wm. Sims says:

meghan: yes, there is a chance.

64. Lobsterdeth says:

Los Angeles? That’s a 3 hour drive from here, fuck year!

65. Melissa says:

Any chance you’ll come play to San Diego?

66. Eean says:

Don’t get the Fall reference. But I am Drunk. And stupid.
    What song is it Diablo lad?

67. David Wm. Sims says:

Eean: “L.A.” You are drunk.

68. Eean says:

Dammit Dave that WAS easy. I was wracking my brain for some mad Fall song with Fonda in the title or lyrics. L L L L A A A A A. I need a drink.

69. tim says:

i am THERE!

70. Xavier says:

It’s great that you’re planning your shows so far in advance, I mashed the “Buy Tickets” button as soon as tickets for San Francisco were available. Glad I can plan my life around the show, instead of the other way around.

71. Marcin says:

Dear David. It would be great to see you coming again to Europe. You may say I’m a dreamer but I hope you visit Poland one day. I’m sure it would be great contact between the band and fans here. Even if bands don’t earn best money here, they often like to come back. But if you can’t come to Poland, at least pleeeaaaase come to Germany. Best wishes for all of you.

72. kip says:

David,

I am very happy to hear about the Portland show in October. I seriously could kiss you all on the mouth. I will now see you in Seattle(at least once), NY, Portland, possibly San Fran and Eugene/Boise wherever else you play in the NW. If these shows are half as exciting as the SA reunion shows in’06, I’ll need to bring a second pair of pants.

73. pickleman ticklefish says:

Will Yow be sporting an orange ski mask when TJL launches into “S.D.B.J.” to open the Pitchfork show in Chicago?

Many thanks!

74. ihavethreecats says:

O Happy Day! I can see them in Seattle
    and I can see them in Vancouver
    and I can see sing songs from Goat

75. ihavethreecats says:

O Happy Day! I can see them in Seattle
    and I can see them in Vancouver
    and I can see them sing songs from Goat
    and I can see them with a Boat.

76. ihavethreecats says:

um…yeah, i messed up there.

77. Lobsterdeth says:

The CASBAH!? FUUUUCK.

Mr. Sims, you’re gonna play there, do you know if there is any ANY way at all so that I can get in? I’m 18! I’m an adult already here in Mexico, I don’t even drink. ;—; Ngh there must be something I can do.

Gaaah, I should just show my driver’s license, it shows no age, he he heh.

78. Jocko Homo says:

I notice many free days before and after the Vancouver gig. Calgary Alberta would love to have you back.

79. Joe says:

WIll you be playing any club shows in and around Chicago. (See the Daytrotter people from teh Quad Cities area.) Festivals are great but TJL really shines in a club. Either way I haven’t been this excited for a show in some time.

80. Good Thing says:

Fantastic show at the London Forum, visceral and real.

Travelled down from Newcastle with my good lady (who was unconvinced but who is now a Lizard freak).

Thanks for the gig and you know you will always have friends over here in Blighty.

By the way, who do you think was Jack the Ripper? my moneys on Tumbelty!

81. juan says:

If I get to make one of these shows, drinks on me!

82. Jackson says:

Can’t fucking wait to you honkys at the Commodore! Great venue, great city, GREAT BAND. You just made my life.

83. Tim says:

I’m hoping for a Detroit show at the Crofoot.

84. Andrew says:

DWS-
    what, no love for us desert trash? you GOT to come play in phoenix or tucson or something. lots of diehards here. and i really need to see another Jesus Lizard show. NEED!

85. NC please. Please. I’ll lick the worm paste from your warmly spilled tripe and make clean what you can shiny feel.

86. Julz Finley says:

You need to add Cleveland to that tour… plus you should really have me photograph it.

-julz

87. AJ says:

What the fuck no Denver date,come on guys make it happen,we got probably the best music fans in the united states here in the mile high city,just ask My Bloody Valentine,you guys would rock either the Gothic or the Ogden Theatre do it!!!

88. karl says:

saw you at primavera – thanks a lot. after a 12 year gap with no jl-show in my life I was just the happiest 42 year old around. you must tour europe again!!!!!!
    k

89. Alex says:

Please come to Amsterdam (or Holland)! This must be possible after the Pukkelpop show I guess.

thanks,

Alex

90. Excitable Boy says:

Thank you for not scheduling the NYC show during my honeymoon. I assumed you would be doing right after the upstate NY gig. Thank you!!!

91. Turk says:

PHILLY. Let’s do this!

92. Gareth says:

Hi glad to see you guys are touring again! Hope you come to Japan!!

93. eric says:

Why are you guys subjecting us new yorkers to a live nation venue? They are charging a $10.25 service charge on $25 tickets. You should play one of the Bowery Presents venues, like Webster, Bowery, or the Music Hall of Williamsburg.

94. Excitable Boy says:

eric, not only that, but if you purchase tickets at the box office, they still charge a $2 fee. Exactly how does one purchase a $25 ticket?

Fuck Live Nation.

95. Diekhoes says:

Dear mr. Sims,

I can only hope that The Jesus Lizard will perform in the Vera-club in Groningen before or after their gig at Pukkelpop, Belgium. I’m sure you’ll see to it that it ‘ll be arranged. ;-)

96. matt says:

ya gotta come thru Detroit!!!

97. MCL says:

New Orleans is a must

98. tony says:

Hooray, Baltimore!

99. Tony Brown says:

How about Richmond VA on the 21st. We’ve cleaned up our act since you were last here. Tha National will treat you real nice. Please!

100. k. says:

i wonder how nashville got first dibs on the u.s. trek? duane? thanks for making it a 30 min. trip to see one of the greatest bands ever.

101. steve-dave says:

Is anyone opening for you in Nasvhille?

102. tim says:

anyone opening in Nasvhille?

103. Dan says:

“The Pine Hill Haints” are opening in Nashville.

104. Bostick says:

Is Yow still on the wagon? He preforms the best after about 11 Budweisers. I will be there in Atlanta regardless.

105. Slim Fiend says:

DWS: Any word on DC onsale? Been checking 930.com for weeks. . .

106. wm. says:

I feel my question is lost in here….have tix to the Cat’s Cradle (first time I saw you guys in 92) and wish I knew if Pittsburgh was out of the question since I live on Mt. Washington, right above downtown. I’ve f’n over my family in SC for Thankgiving to see you guys on my old stompin’ ground for Allah’s sake.

Wm.

107. Nashville says:

Last night was bad ass. Thanks, come again.

108. why do you play chapel hill on a thursday? I’m an old lady with kids now you know. who doesn’t live in chapel hill. come to winston, charlotte or g’bo. on a weekend. and I’m there. or let me know when you are playing athens (did this already happen?) and if it’s a weekend I can road trip it down there. I see atl on there. possibility.

109. pickleman ticklefish says:

new gigs = new jokes…

BREAKING NEWS: The official cause of Michael Jackson’s death has been determined as food poisoning. Apparently he ate a 7 year-old weiner.

Sources say that at the time of Jackson’s death he was trying to quit the Cub Scouts…he was down to ONE pack a day.

110. Elaine says:

the closest i came to one of your shows was outside Emo’s in the early ’90s (having flown in from another time zone) with a friend saying, “uh, guess i should got tickets.”
    providence? if not, boston at least?

111. Elaine says:

Sorry, I should have added, ‘could you please play everyone’s back yard in America?” We are so needy.

112. Tony Brown says:

21st in Richmond. It’s a Saturday. Do it. Please. The National. Please. You know you want to.

113. Joel says:

Please, please, please come to Minneapolis for this tour. It would be such a huge pleasure to see you guys play.

114. Finneaus says:

Please, tell me you guys are going to be hitting Minneapolis/St.Paul on this tour….

115. Matt says:

So I guess the chances of Australian shows are getting slimmer by the second :’(

116. Big Baby Jesus says:

The Crofoot on the 25th!

A serious hangover on Thanksgiving so I have an excuse to not be social!!

117. Alex Fast says:

Can’t wait for Seattle tommorrow. Its been 13 years!
    killer bass. out

118. great shot. is this recent? I never know what the hell you are gonna do with yo hair.

119. Lobsterdeth says:

Mr. Sims! Help me get in on the SD show! I’ll promise I’ll be a good Tijuanean boy, I don’t even drink and at my age I can already drink here.

Fuck 21+ shows, man. I’m not missing the Jesus Lizard just cause of some stupid age restriction.

120. Anne E. says:

Just want to say that every time I think about how I’m going to see the Jesus Lizard in SF I get a full-on toe-to-head rush. I am SO psyched! Saw JL several times back in the day and you never failed to rock my world. You are my favorite live band of all time.
    Can’t wait, can’t wait can’t wait!!
    (wow, it is fun to look forward to a show! I forgot about that!)
    Yours truly,
    an old person who likes to see other old people rock the fuck out!

121. Christian says:

Thank you guys to have scheduled three dates in Italy! If someone is interested to come with me and see all the three gigs , Torino , Bologna and Roma he can make know…

122. Brian says:

The 930 Club Show posted on the confirmation dates still has no listing or announcement of the jesus Lizard playing there in November. Just a note. Most of the other US venues have them listed.

Also is there still hope of a 2nd Filmore show in San Francisco?

123. David Wm. Sims says:

Brian: The 930 Club calendar is only showing dates through October 30. It’ll be there when they put it up. You might call them and see if you can go ahead and buy tickets anyway. I doubt there will be a second San Francisco show.

124. kip says:

Do you know if ANY more dates will be scheduled? I am following you from S.D. to Seattle and am wondering about the long break between SF and Portland. Eugene, maybe? Oh, and you totally killed at the Capitol Hill Block Party. I can’t wait for October.

125. Doug says:

I would like to third the motion that y’all play a show in Minneapolis this fall. I will also seal the deal by uttering the undeniably clinching phrase “1-2-3-period, no backs, 1980 Golden Nugget!” (it’s pretty much in the bag now, fellow MN dwellers. you’re g.d. welcome.)

126. Peter says:

A quick question for anyone who has attended one or more of the reunion shows to date (or, indeed, for David himself if he feels inclined to respond): have any songs from Blue made it onto the setlists?

127. David Wm. Sims says:

Peter: there are no songs from Blue on the working list from which the set lists are drawn. Mac never played those songs and, honestly, it just seemed like too much work to get into songs that we hadn’t all played together previously.

128. Peter says:

Thanks, David.

129. kip says:

David,

Any chance of getting “Horse” played at one of the west coast dates? SD, LA, SF, PDX or Sea. would be awesome. Also, any chance of more dates being announced? 6 times on this tour is just not enough. There sure is a lot of time between SF and PDX……

130. Ryan says:

Hi David,
    I was just wondering who you guys have lined up to open for you at the Toronto show? Really looking forward to seeing you guys play.
    Cheers

131. Eddie says:

David I really wish you guys would come to Tampa. We’re dying for a good show!

132. Lobsterdeth says:

See you in LA Mr. Sims! I’ll try and get there early so I can throw some stickers at you guys.

133. Tony Brown says:

So, no Richmond show. Thanks. Our only hope to talk the Breadwieners into playing a show and you let us down. And what do we get on the 21st instead? Megadeth. Thanks a heap.

So, I’m coming to the Baltimore show. And I’m going to give you such a stern look, you might even notice.

134. eric says:

Are the setlists varying much? I’m wondering if I should check out the 2nd NYC show.

135. Finneaus says:

I see there’s still a break between 11-20 and 11-24… don’t you think a Minneapolis/St. Paul date would fit nicely in there? I’ll make ya pancakes before you head to Milwaukee…..

136. David Wm. Sims says:

Eric: We have a working list of about 25 songs that we are making the setlists from. So, there will be some overlap, but we will make a point on the second night of throwing in the songs that don’t get played the first night.

137. kaz says:

Any word on who might be opening the Chicago shows?

138. David Wm. Sims says:

kaz: None yet. We tried to get Killdozer, but they bailed on us. We have someone cool in mind, but I’ll get spanked if I talk about it. I’ll post something when we have it nailed down.

139. Excitable Boy says:

As a loyal reader and infrequent commenter of this blog: hook me up with Halloween tickets! I’ll pay. :)

140. Tim says:

You should include whatever cool band you line up for the Chicago shows in your Detroit show the night before.

It’s a short drive.

141. kaz says:

I’d like to put a vote out for Arcwelder to open the Chicago shows. If not them, maybe Black Elk could make the trip out here.

142. timmx says:

I second the vote for Arcwelder, unless you can get Tar to reunite too.

143. kaz says:

I was gonna suggest getting Tar to reunite too, timmx! I think my head would explode if that happened and they played on the same bill as the Lizard though. TJL, Tar, Arcwelder… would be a perfect show.

144. kip says:

I followed you guys from San Diego to Seattle and all 5 shows where great! The SD show was maybe the best show I’ve ever been to. As far as the Chicago openers, my money is on Shellac. Or Kanye West. I based my family vacation around the west coast tour and it was totally worth the extra driving. You should really consider doing it again next year.

145. Finneaus says:

so…… i assume no minneapolis/st.paul date will magically appear any time soon? for real? why does NO ONE come to mpls any more? no butthole surfers, no skinny puppy, no jesus lizard….. what’s the deal, yo? it would be soo bad ass to see you guys in the twin cities, but i guess it’s not to be. I’m just glad I got to see you the few times I did “back in the day”.

hope the rest of your tour goes well- TJL rules.

146. thepza says:

Surely you’ll be playing a club show in Austin, not just the FFF Fest, yes? (Although it sounds outstanding to see TJL in a park.)

147. Excitable Boy says:

So annoyed I couldn’t get into the show last night. Full of scenesters that never even heard of TJL. A bit bitter, but at least I get to see you guys in two weeks.

148. ronald says:

The Halloween show was amazing. It was tough to get in, typical NYC on Halloween, but people were going off inside and you guys slayed.

149. kip says:

You guys have me following you all over the damn country. Now it’s New Year’s Eve in Chicago? I guess I’d better get a ticket. Wher’e a good place to stay near the Metro? I feel like a Deadhead sometimes. Y’know, you could just come back to Portland and save me the trip.

150. and you aren’t playing athens because…? or did i miss this?

151. MR says:

Please tell me you are planning a Denver show . . .

152. Lobsterdeth says:

Hey Mr. Sims, you better check out Melt-Banana at the FFFFestival.

153. Excitable Boy says:

Holy shit, the band is in town. CAN’T WAIT!!!!

There better be some kickass posters.

154. kip says:

Quick question: Will Duane be returning Mike Patton’s mustache before the New Year’s show? I was told that you, Mr. Sims, have what was called a “Paul Blart, Mall Cop” goatee. No matter how you spin it, that is offensive. I can’t wait for New Year’s Eve.