No. 921: San Francisco, CA

San Francisco, CA

The Fillmore

the Jesus Lizard
Black Elk

9 Responses to No. 921: San Francisco, CA

1. msilver says:

Saw this show. You guys were awesome.

2. alphajerk says:

I saw The Jesus Lizard 14 years ago in Madison, WI. The first time in my life that I crowd-surfed. I’m happy to tell you that the band hasn’t lost a thing since then. The show at the Fillmore in SF last night was awesome, and while I wasn’t getting up on the crowd like Yow, the infectious throb and hell-thunder of this band still get under my skin like nothing else.

thanks guys! I really needed that.

3. VALIS says:

Saw the LA show Thursday and the SF show Saturday. The sound at the Fillmore was as good as I’ve ever heard at a JL show – and I’ve seen about 15 over the years. Wish I could see the Metro shows…

4. Anne E says:

I saw this show, too. I am still feeling the high from it. I love you guys so much. I screamed, I laughed, I rocked out, I got teary-eyed a few times. Yes, I cried! Why? Because The Jesus Lizard is so damn great. And every time I watched and listened to you, Sims, it just confirmed that you are my favorite bass player and you reminded me of why I like to play bass, too. Thank you, thank you, thank you for playing these shows!

5. anka says:

Worth the 10 years wait. Forgot that i had a crush on you for the previous 10 years. Thanks. You are still my favorite bass player……

6. Evan says:

KILLDOZER??!???!?? What?!

7. David Wm. Sims says:

Evan: Killdozer cancelled after the posters had already gone to the printer.

8. Matt Jarrell says:

Damn it that show ruled. You guys are the best. I am angry at Killdozer and will send them angry man message. What happend to them? No bother, JL made my 2009! I love you you guys.

Sincerely,

Someone who did their senior seminar final at UCSC on the Jesus Lizard, complete with harmonic analysis of several songs, the band history, and my band playing Bloody Mary in class.

9. mahkiavelli says:

Incredible show. Words really can’t describe how awe-inspiring it is to see musicians like the 4 of you on display – it was better than I ever imagined it could be.