No. 920: Los Angeles, CA

the Jesus Lizard
Model/Actress
Black Elk

7 Responses to No. 920: Los Angeles, CA

1. greg says:

Sir,

Excellent job last night. “This concludes tonight’s lesson.”, indeed.

FYI, The Memphis was more POOM POOM than the BLAP BLAP of bygone days. That is not a complaint.

Thanks again.

2. pinto says:

Phenomenal show last night! Are you guys sure about hanging up the towel after the tour? Looks like you guys were having as much fun as the audience was. Anyways, great show. It was such a good time.

3. Lobsterdeth says:

Ha ha those posters were sold out when I wanted to get one, but atleast I got a nice shirt.

Hey Mr. Sims, sorry I couldn’t throw stickers at you as promised, some kids stole my mouse on bomb stickers when Yow was surfing. I did throw some Hello Kitty picks at Duane, I don’t think he liked them though. :(

But anyways, awesome show, totally worth driving three hours at 1 am back home.

Also you look mondo-badass when playing bass, keep it up.

4. Kevin says:

THANK YOU! The Fonda show was fucking brutal. I had a huge smile on my face the whole night.

5. DV D'Andrea says:

I have just put my copies up for sale via my site:
    Very ltd quantity available now.
    Thanks
    DV

6. J.A. says:

I am so bummed out I wasn’t there.

7. Chris says:

As I told you and the fella’s, insanely great show all around. The most energetic (pronounced ‘dangerous’) crowd I’ve ever had the pleasure of being in while y’all performed.

Interesting things overheard/seen in Hollywood:

A bartender and a security guard talking about the band. The bartender had mentioned something to the effect that the crowd appeared older that night. The security guy said, “I think it’s because of the band… the Jesus… the Jesus, uhh… Jesus Lizard.” (Note that the band name was in huge letters on the front marquis and on printed out show schedules plastered throughout the establishment. This same security guy was upset throughout the night because people kept trying to walk in the ‘exit’ door which was marked with a similar sized sign.) The bartender said something inuadible about the band to which the security guy responded, “No, I think they’re way older than that.”

A hessian and his buddy talking about bands. The hessian says something referring to a musician, “He was in the band Rob Halford was in after Fight.” His buddy said, without skipping a beat, “Who’s Rob Halford?”

Some guy standing behind me completely misquoting lyrics from LIAR, loudly.

A guy near me, as the Jesus Lizard are about to come on, talking about some band I’ve never even heard of said, “I would die (note: meant in an ‘awesome’ way) if they came on instead.”

Jared Warren screaming excitedly in my face.

Gavin Rossdale.

I can’t believe you guys won’t do this forever.