Yes, it's true.

I’m buried in e-mails today asking to confirm the news.  We just couldn’t help ourselves.  The Jesus Lizard are going to play some shows in 2009.  It’ll be the original four members, including the tallest elf and drummer, Mac McNeilly.  The only thing that’s confirmed right now is the All Tomorrow’s Parties festival in the UK.  Other shows are being booked in the US for the summer and fall of 2009.

There is a blurb in Pitchfork, which also give some information about the rerelease of the first four Touch & Go albums on CD and vinyl, and some links to MP3s.

Touch & Go is also putting together a package of all the Touch & Go 7″ vinyl 45s in April, 2009 for Record Store Day.

Rehearsals start in January.  We’ll see if I can actually learn all those songs by then.the-jesus-lizard1

This entry was posted in music, the Jesus Lizard. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Yes, it's true.

1. Tim says:

Seriously excited about this.

Will be traveling to Chicago if necessary, i.e., no Detroit show.

I always regretted not seeing y’all’s last Detroit show back in ’96 or ’97, I think. So, this will allow me to make amends.

I also regret not purchasing the light blue Jesus Lizard tee shirt with a toilet on it. I’ve searched and searched but have not been able to find one available online after seeing it just one time at a clothing store over 10 years ago.

2. Kevin says:

Please come to California… I know it sucks, but I fucking need to see yous guys play. BAD.

3. Wes says:

Hey,
    Any chance you guys will play in Canada ? Where will the Chicago show be played ? Hope to see you guys. This will be completely awesome !!!!!!!!!!!1

4. David Wm. Sims says:

Kevin: Everything is tentative right now, but I’m pretty sure there will be California shows.

5. David Wm. Sims says:

Wes: Probably. Don’t know yet. Hope so, too. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

6. Never mind Califoria, Glossop needs The Jesus Lizard more.

7. boy with a t says:

awesome news! how about playing Berbati’s in Portland OR, you guys would be well received there!!!

i saw gibby and his problem rock that place not too long ago!

the “big famous place” here in Portland, sucks!!!

8. Happy New Year y’all!

I adored your version of The Strangler’s Shut Up and I know the wonderful Mr Yow did a sterling version of Pink Floyd’s Echos with Qui. But if there is one cover I would utterly love The Jesus Lizard to do it’d be Mountain’s Nantuket Sliegh Ride. A great tune and you would own it, it needs to re-done for our time!!!

I hope you manage to record whatever you come up with because The Jesus Lizard are to anyone who has both ears and a pulse one of the finest rock groups to have graced the surface of the planet.

Love to Mr Yow.

9. David Wm. Sims says:

Jonny: Hmm. Glossopshire. Yes. Let me check on that and, um, get back to you. Hey, we played in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.

I’m supposed to do the smiley-face emoticon here, so you’ll realize I’m not being a dick. Just can’t do emoticons yet.

10. brd says:

Please come to Portland OR!!!!

11. Ralle says:

Any Chance you come to Berlin, Germany?
    Please! We need the greatest Band ever one time again!

thx for all!

12. Angie says:

David! Great news about Jesus Lizard! Hope all is well, and that you guys come to (or near) Seattle.

13. Justin Diggins says:

I know its probably a long shot but you guys need to consider Omaha.I saw you guys in Omaha at the Sokol Underground and it was one of the craziest shows that I saw of yours and I have seen some good ones(i.e. 3 days in a row at the Euclid Tavern in Cleveland) if Omaha isnt a reality I would settle for Lawrence,Kansas or K.C. even.Im sure no matter what we are making the road trip to Chicago and maybe more.

14. chris says:

when I heard that the lizard was getting back together I almost shit my fucking pants. I have seen you guys play numerous times, but one of the best times that I ever had in my life was at the three shows in a row at the Euclid Tavern. me and some buddies came from omaha and went to all three shows. My same friends and I are always talking about how we wish we could see the lizard again and now this shit happens so we are deffinately going to a show. we are from omaha but we really like to take road trips and would like to see you guys when you play in chicago, maybe even millwaukee. can you keep me posted on when you get the dates set and how I can get tickets. I cant wait to see you guys again. I never thought it would happen. The idea of me and my buddies taking a four day road trip to seee some band probably isnt going to make my wife happy, but its the lizard so she can deal with it.

15. Podge says:

why dont bands play in ireland, ireland is cool.
    Anyway i noticed there is a show in London, so i can just go over see you guys there

16. The Jesus Lizard got a long and rambling mention in Stuart Lee’s Comedy Vehicle last night on BBC2.

I was as strangely very thrilled by this.